Canada is known to be a country of high quality of life and good educational facilities. However, it is the dream of every student to enroll in the best possible University. So, if you are planning to move to Canada for studying further, here is our Immigration Expert - Mr Swaran Singh Sandhu (Raffles Educity) to present to you the Top 5 universities in which you can blindly choose to enroll in.
1. University of Toronto: The University of Toronto is a research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the grounds that surround the Queen's Park. The university was founded by the royal charter in the year of 1827 as King's College, the first institution of higher learning in the colony of Upper Canada. As a collegiate university, the University of Toronto comprises of twelve colleges, which are different from each other. The university is known to have two satellite campuses in Scarborough and Mississauga.
Motto: As a true through the ages.
2. University of British Columbia: The University of British Columbia, which is commonly known as UBC, is a public research university with campuses and facilities spread across the British Columbia, Canada. The university was founded in 1908 as the McGill University College of British Columbia, and it became independent and adopted its current name in the year 1915. It is the oldest institution of British Columbia’s higher learning and has over 60,000 students at its Vancouver and Okanagan Valley campuses. The major subjects of concern in the University of British Columbia are Science, Arts, Applied Science, UBC Faculty of Medicine, and the Sauder School of Business.
Motto: It is yours, it is up to you.
3. McGill University: McGill University is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that was established in the year of 1821 by royal charter, issued by King George IV of Great Britain. The University bears the name of a prominent Montreal merchant, James McGill from Scotland whose bequest in 1813 formed the university's precursor, McGill College. The university is known to offer degrees and diplomas varied over 300 fields of study, with the highest average admission requirements of any other Canadian university.
Motto: By work, all things increase and grow.
4. University of Montreal: The University of Montrael is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The institution comprises of thirteen faculties, more than sixty departments and two affiliated schools which are the School of Engineering and the School of Business. It is known to offer more than 650 undergraduate programmes and graduate programmes, including 71 doctoral programmes.
Motto: It shines by faith and knowledge.
5. University of Alberta: The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The university has four campuses in Edmonton, the Augustana Campus in Camrose, and a staff centre in downtown Calgary. The original north campus has about 150 buildings that cover 50 city blocks on the south rim of the North Saskatchewan River valley, directly across from downtown Edmonton. Over 39,000 students from Canada and 150 other countries enroll in 400 programs in 18 faculties. Motto: Whatsoever things are true.
Mr. Swaran Sandhu from RAFFLES EDUCITY is a celebrated Immigration Consultant and the ‘number 1’ choice for all Punjabis when it comes to taking any kind of guidance related to settling abroad – right from selecting the course & university, filing the visa papers, pre-departure orientation and having a smooth stay abroad after you’ve landed in your favourite destination!