Moving to an international country is one thing but, selecting a supreme university in an all new country is another. In today’s era of cut – throat competition where every educational institution boasts of its excellence, majority of them ultimately turn out to be a mere scam.
There are a certain set of norms, rules and regulations that must be taken into consideration by every student before moving abroad to study. So, after talking to our guest author Mr. Swaran Singh Sandhu (Managing Director, Raffles Educity), we present to you five important things that you should keep in mind while applying for an international university.
1. Accreditation: Almost every international university has certain accreditations. However, you must ensure that your choice of course has the necessary accreditation. For example, The United States-based Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) maintains an International Directory which "contains contact information about 467 quality assurance bodies, accreditation bodies and Ministries of Education in 175 countries. The quality assurance and accreditation bodies have been authorized to operate by their respective governments.
2. Reputation: Sitting in a different country, every university looks like well-reputed. So, in order to study the reputation of an international educational institution, try and check the rating and statistical analysis done by the leading dailies of that country.
3. Job Prospects: Every educational institution specializes in a certain field of interest and caters job opportunities in the same. So, it is very essential to assure that the international institutions offers recruitments and positive job prospects in the course you wish to enroll in.
4. Location: The location of an institution plays a vital role on the quality of education. While selecting an university in abroad, make sure that it is not very isolated and there is sufficient connectivity through train, bus and, other modes of transportation.
5. Safety: It is not very easy for a foreign candidate to settle in an all new university and, the situation gets worse if there are no sufficient rules and regulations for their safety. It is very essential to check their prevailing rules, regulations and facilities for foreign students and recent news reports in terms of a safe and secure environment on campus.
Mr. Swaran Sandhu from RAFFLES EDUCITY is a celebrated Immigration Consultant and the ‘number 1’ choice for all Punjabis when it comes to taking any kind of guidance related to settling abroad – right from selecting the course & university, filing the visa papers, pre-departure orientation and having a smooth stay abroad after you’ve landed in your favourite destination!