Some interesting facts about Singer/Composer/Actor Yo Yo Honey Singh who is going great guns with his techno/hiphop music and unconventional rapping style.
- YO YO Honey Singh’s real name is Hirdesh Singh.
- He was born on 15thMarch 1984 in Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
- Honey Singh first learnt Music from DJ Vishal (DJ3 now Sparrows Creations).
- Honey Singh studied in Guru Nanak Public School, Punjabi Bagh.
- There was a time when he lived at Karampura, New Delhi. His parents are still living there.
- He formed a band called, Mafia Mundeer, along with Badshah and Raftaar. After Badshah and Raftaar parted ways with him (on allegations that Honey didn't get them full credits), Golu, Manpreet Aujla, and Alfaaz joined him too.
- Won ETC award for the Best sound in 2006 for Glassi, PTC award for the Best Folk Pop Award 2009 for Rebirth, PTC Punjabi Best Music Director 2010 for song Desi Daroo, PTC Punjabi Best Music Director 2011 for album The Folkstar, PTC Punjabi Best Music Director 2012 for International Villager, Britasia Best International Act 2012, UK Asian Music Awards- Best International Album 2012 for International Villager.
- Honey Singh has also become widely popular in Bollywood. He was first noticed after his debut song in a Bollywood film featuring Gagan Sidhu for the film shakal pe mat ja.
- Honey Singh also acted in the Punjabi movie Mirza the untold story and “ Tu mera 22 main tera 22.
- Sources reveal that has charged Rs.70 lakh for a song in an upcoming film titled Mastaan Also, a song named Angreji Beat from Honey Singh's released album international villagers featuring Gippy grewal was featured in Saif ali khan's film cocktail.
- Honey Singh released his first solo single Satan and it premiered on MTV. The video has been directed by David Zennie and the whole project was presented by Anurag kashyap .
- Honey Singh also recently won the PTC Award (2013) for best debut actor.
- Honey Singh shot to instant fame in Bollywood with 'Lungi Dance' from film Chennai Express (2013) starring Shahrukh Khan and Deepike Padukone. The film was a blockbuster hit and made Honey a popular name in Bollywood. He later worked in many films with Akshay Kumar as well.
- In 2014, Honey also signed his first solo Punjabi film with PTC Motion Pictures. The film is being directed by Vinay Markan. The project is still in hold.
- Honey hit his lowest low in late 2014 when he remained out of touch from both media and his fans for over three months. Several theories are doing the rounds in media circle till date. Some suggest that Honey was in a rehabilitation centre while some even suggest that he was clinically depressed after being 'slapped' by Shahrukh Khan.