He made even non-Punjabis his fans. The first singer from Punjab who utilized the power of internet and became a singing sensation in no time. Here are some facts about this amazing singer called, Sharry Mann who is also turning into an actor now. His upcoming movie, Ishq Garaari (releasing 25th Oct) is one of the most talked about movies this year!
- Sharry Mann who became famous with his song ‘Yaar Anmmulle’ was born on 26th august 1980 in Mohali in the house of Sardar Balbir Singhji and Sardarni Harmel Kaur ji.
- He has two sisters and one brother. But his hometown is V.P.O Ghal Khurd Distt. Firozpur.
- Sharry did his schooling in Mohali. After completing his schooling there, his parents enrolled him into a further education institute in Moga where he spent his college life.
- After college, he returned to Mohali and started working as a civil engineer.
- Sharry Mann was always very fond of music and in free time, he used to keep singing. Slowly, he became a professional singer.
- Sharry Mann has created records with 'Yaar Anmulle' by breaking all previous records for an unsigned Punjabi singer on the internet and became one of the most talked about names in the Punjabi music industry.
- Sharry Mann is the first singer from Punjab who used internet in his favour and took the opportunities of the web world and Youtube to reach new heights in 2010.
- Sharry first came to limelight after his tracks were leaked via the web namely 'Kudiyan Te Bussan' which attracted a lot of attention.
- He stepped into stardom with his first single, 'Yaar Anmulle'. Yaar Anmulle has been written by Chandigarh Engineering (Landran) student ‘Babbu’ alias Akashdeep Singh.
- Later in 2012, he gave an amazing album ‘Aate di chiri’ for which he was also awarded at the PTC awards. The album was a hit that year with songs like, ‘Chandigarh waliye’.
- In 2013 he made his acting debut with ‘Oye Hoye Pyaar Ho Gya’. The movie was a disaster at box office.
- His next movie is releasing in October which is a multi-starrer by Dheeraj Rattan called, ‘Ishq Garaari’ . Also read: Five reasons why you must watch Ishq Garaari.