Rana Ranbir - Facts and Bio (Updated)
We all have laughed and been trolled by *epic* 'Shampy''..Yes, we're talking about Ballewood's one of the most talented actor/comedians - Sir Rana Ranbir! Now let me share some quick and interesting facts about this great actor that our industry simply, feels blessed to have.
Interesting facts about Rana Ranbir
- Our Shampy puttar was born on April 9 1970” in Dhuri (Punjab). Now he lives in Patiala.
- He graduated from Desh Bhagat College 'Dhuri'.
- Ranbir received a postgraduate degree in theater and television.
- He is a very good poet too, got his book published while studying at college. The name of the book is “Sach Soch te Supne”.
- He went on to act in several Punjabi stage acts. Some of his stage shows are Loha Kutt, Annay Nishanchi and Mirza Sahiba
- He has also featured in a lot of radio and television productions. His radio shows include 'Kehar Singh Di Maut' and 'Bhagwant Mann Naughty No. 1', 'Jugnu Kehnda hai' etc.
- Apart from comedies on television, Ranbir has acted in serious TV productions like Chitta Lahoo, and Parchavain as well.
- In the late 2000s, he became anchor of Zee Punjabi's road show 'Excuse Me Please' and 'Jugnu Mast Mast'.
- He has also been a director for works like, Aala Afsar, and Mitti Da Moh.
- He plays the comic role of house manager 'Khoji' in director Manmohan Singh's 2009 Punjabi film Munde U.K. De
- One of his most memorable characters in the recent times, has to be in his movie- 'Jatt and Juliet' (2012) as 'shammy puttar'.