Here are some quick and interesting facts about the singing sensation of Punjab, Miss Pooja who is also now emerging as an actor in Punjabi film industry. (Updated)
- The real name of the sensational Miss Pooja is 'Gurinder Kaur Kainth'
- She was born on December 4, 1979 in Rajpura, Punjab.
- Always interested in singing, she took B.A Vocal and Instrumental, MA Music B.Ed as her grad and post grad subjects.
- She also worked as a music teacher in Patel Public School in Rajpura.
- She kept ‘Pooja’ as her professional name as Pooja is her nickname since childhood
- In 2006, Miss Pooja debuted with her first duet song ‘Jaan Ton Piyari’ and later in 2009, her debut solo album,"Romantic Jatt" came out.
- Her third solo album was ‘Jattitude’ had a song ‘shona shona’ , shot in Hong Kong.
- She also made a debut in the Bollywood Industry with the song "Second Hand Jawani" in the film "Cocktail".
- After two not so famous movies in 2010 "Panjaban" and "Channa Sachi Muchi", her third film "Pooja Kiven Aa” brought her some fame in the acting department but the movie itself was a box office flop.
- She has set almost a record of releasing duets with more than 70 different male singers. She has recorded over 3000 songs, released over 300 music albums (including religious music albums), and shot over 800 music videos.
- She was caught up in a controversy for singing 'Pappi' song (film: Pooja Kiven Aa) in a college in Punjab.
- She also acted in another flop film of 2013 - Ishq e sharing screen with some big stars like Mandy Takhar, and Sharry Maan, in Dheeraj Rattan’s ‘Ishq Garaari.’ This movie is one of the most talked about movies of 2013.