One of the finest comedians in Punjabi cinema, Jaswinder Bhalla is one man without whom a Punjabi film is incomplete. Behind the success of blockbusters like, Jatt and Juliet series, Carry on Jatta, Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, Lucky Di Unlucky Story, it won’t be wrong to say that Bhalla had a very strong role to play.
Here are some facts about Jaswinder Bhalla which you might not be aware of:
- Jaswinder Bhalla was born on 4th, May 1960 in Doraha, Ludhiana, Punjab.
- He holds a Ph.D. in Agriculture Science from Punjab Agricultural University.
- He is also one of the faculty members of Punjab Agricultural University.
- Jaswinder Bhalla’s wife’s name is Parminder Bhalla and he has a son named, Pukhraj. He has one daughter too.
- He started his professional career in 1988 along with co-performer Bal Mukund Sharma with audio cassette ‘Chhankata’ 1988 .
- He got into acting with film ‘Dulla Bhatti’. He is famous for his comedy series Chhankata and comedy roles in Punjabi films.
- While he was a student, Jaswinder Bhalla used to do comedy performances in university programs.
- Bal Mukund Sharma and Jasiwnder Bhalla were classmates in Punjab Agriculture University and the name ‘Chhankata’ originated from the collage level annual show performed by Bhalla and Sharma in PAU.
- The duo was noticed by Doordarshan Kendra, Jalandhar while performing in ‘Pro. Mohan Singh Mela’ (culture festival).
- Bhalla has till now released over 27 audio and video albums of Chhankata series. Apart from Bal Mukund Sharma, Neelu Sharma has also been part of Chhankata series.
- He has worked in Punjabi feature films like "Mahaul Theek Hai," "Jeeja Ji," "Jihne Mera Dil Luteya", "Power cut," "Kabaddi Once Again," "Apan Phir Milange," "Mel Kara De Rabba," "Carry On Jatta," "Jatt and Juliet series, Lucky Di Unlucky Story etc.
- His different Takia Klams. like ‘Dhillon Ne Kaalaa Cot Aiven Ni Payeya’ have fetched him fame and name.