If there's somebody in our 'Ballewood' who can actually be called a "romantic hero" then he's none other than our very handsome, turbaned guy, Diljit Dosanjh who doesn’t just ‘sing’ well or ‘look absolutely amazing’ but also, can act very well. Much appreciated for his roles in 'Jihne Mera Dil Luteya' and 'Jatt and Juliet', Diljit is one guy who can fit into any role he's given. Here are some quick facts about Diljit Dosanjh which you might enjoy reading:
- Diljit Dosanjh was born in 'Dosanjh Kalan' - a village near jalandar district.
- Diljit Dosanjh is a Capricornian. He was born on 6th January 1984.
- As a child, Diljit stayed in 'Dosanjh Kalan' but later shifted to Ludhiana.
- The handsome turbaned guy was always interested in singing and learnt it from S.Gobinder Singh, Prof. Kartar Singh and Mr. Hari dutt sharma
- His first release song was in 2003 - 'Ishq Da Ooda Aada'. Later he came up with albums like 'Ishq Ho Gaya, 'Chocolate', and then with a superhit ablum with Honey singh - 'The next level'. His latest album 'Back to Basics' became hugely popular.
- His famous songs include 'Bhagat Singh' , 'Lakk 28 kudi da 47 weight', 'Goliyaan' etc.
- Diljit Dosanjh is also one of those few singers from Punjab who made his presence felt in Hindi cinema. His song in the Riteish Deshmukh-Genelia D'Souza starrer, 'Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya' called, 'Peepa Peepa' got him much accolades and he also made a special appearance in that song.
- His debut movie was 'Mel Karade Rabba' in which he did a cameo. Later he worked in films like, 'Lions of Punjab' and Jihne Mera Dil Luteya which even got him the "Best Actor" award at PTC award function.
- His film, Jatt and Juliet (2012) broke all records of Punjabi cinema (of highest opening collection and total gross). In this movie, he starred along with Neeru Bajwa and played the role of "Fateh Singh".
- Our superstar's next films are : 'Mukhtiar Chadha' and 'Jatt and Juliet 2'.
- Diljit Dosanjh also anchored the third PTC Film award function (1st March 2013) along with famous comedian, Kapil Sharma.
- Diljit Dosanjh is also the first male lead actor who won PTC Film Award for the 'best actor' twice consecutively. In 2012, he received it for his movie 'Jihne Mera Dil Luteya' while in 2013 awards, he got it for 'Jatt and Juliet'.
- Diljit Dosanjh also runs an NGO called, Saanjh Foundation for needy children and old aged people.
- Diljit Dosanjh also holds the honour of singing the title song of Hindi movie - Mere Dad Ki Maruti (Released in 2013).
Diljit Dosanjh Gallery on Ballewood: