His rib-tickling facial expressions and witty dialogues have made him a favorite of Punjabi cinema fans all over the world. It won't be an exaggeration to say that without him, any Punjabi movie is just incomplete. From a terrific Bhangra performer, to being the comedy king of Ballewood, our Binnu Dhillon, is really special. Here are few quick facts about him.
- Binnu dhillion's real name is Varinder Singh Dhillon
- Born on August 29, 1975 and raised in Dhuri, Distt. Sangrur.
- He attended Punjabi University, Patiala and earned his Masters in Theatre and Television.
- He began his career as a Bhangra performer and had an opportunity to perform at the India Festival in Germany and UK before he entered into the acting field.
- When he began his career, he initially worked in popular Television series such as Parchaave, Sarhad, Lori, Gaoundi Dharti, Sirnaave, Man Jeetey Jag Jeet, Channo Chan Vargi, Professor Money Plant, Jugnu Hazir Hai, Jugnu Mast Mast, Padam Paria, Kankaal,Aaste,and Pagdandian..
- He has been part of numerous commercially successful films like Shaheed-E-Azam and Dev D.
- In 2010, he got into direction and directed a play called, Naughty Baba in Town performed in both US and Canada. His terrific performance earned him a Best Actor nomination, awarded by The Tourism Minister of India.
- He is a part of successful movies like, Singh vs Kaur,Tu Mera 22 Main Tera22, YAAR Pardesi, Raula Pai Gaya, Sirphire ,Carry On Jatta, Kabaddi Once Again, Taur Mittran Di ,Mirza The Untold Story, Dharti (2011 film), Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, Mel Karade Rabba, Ekam – Son of Soil, Akh Labdi, Munde U.K. De, Lagda Ishq Hogaya, Tera Mera Ki Rishta, Dev D , Mitti Wajaan Maardi, Shaheed-E-Azam etc.
(Facts compiled by Prakriti Malhotra)